Saturday, November 3, 2012

'Adele is bigger than me, how come nobody says anything about it': Lady Gaga praises British star's confidence as she weighs in on body image debate

By Sarah Fitzmaurice


She recently admitted to putting on 30lbs and now Lady Gaga has weighed in on the body image debate.

In an interview with Stylist magazine the singer speaks out after hitting headlines because of her weight gain and asked why people didn't target British singer Adele.

Speaking to the magazine she said: 'Adele is bigger than me, how come nobody says anything about it? She’s so wonderful and I think her confidence is something I have to match. She has set the bar very high for a lot of women.'

The big picture: Lady Gaga has spoken out after hitting headlines because of her weight gain and asked why people didn't target British singer Adele

Gaga, real name Stefani Germanotta, 26, explained how her mother had called her and asked her whether she had gained weight after pictures were published in magazines and online.

She said: ' I was acutely aware of some photos on the internet – my mum called me and was like, “Did you gain weight?” – everybody was telling me about it, and I didn’t really care. But when I heard it was on the news, where they talk about wars, the economy crashing and the election – I just thought, "This is f***ing ridiculous."'

Yo yo dieter: Gaga admitted to putting on 30lbs earlier this year before starting her 'Body Revolution'


source: dailymail


No comments:

Post a Comment