Monday, November 19, 2012

'I just feel so guilty... it should have been me': Rylan Clark breaks down in uncontrollable tears over Ella Henderson's shock exit from The X Factor

By Louise Saunders


He was visibly shocked to hear he had lasted another week on The X Factor thanks to the public vote.

But Rylan Clark broke down in uncontrollable tears over his 'guilt' at seeing show favourite Ella Henderson leave the competition on Sunday night.

Appearing on ITV2 spin-off show The Xtra Factor, the 24-year-old Essex boy struggled to speak to hosts Caroline Flack and Olly Murs as he wept over the loss of his 'little sister'.

Scroll down for video...

Emotional: Rylan Clark broke down in tears over Ella Henderson's shock exit from The X Factor

Caroline said: 'Rylan, my darling, I can see you're really really upset and very emotional.'

Finding it hard to get his words out as he sobbed away, the eccentric hopeful said: 'Ella should be in the final. She's like a little sister to me.'

And the wannabe admitted he thought it should have been him who left the competition this week.

Caroline asked: 'Do you feel as though it should have been you instead of her?'

Becoming even more emotional, Rylan sobbed: 'One hundred per cent. I just feel so guilty. I can't thank people enough for voting for me, but Ella shouldn't have gone.'

Tears: The 24-year-old hopeful was comforted by Xtra Factor hosts Caroline Flack and Olly Murs as he struggled to speak through his sobs

Devastated: Rylan admitted he felt guilty to still be a part of the competition when Ella had been sent home

Welling up: The eccentric Essex boys emotions ran wild as he sat down for a chat alongside James Arthur and Jahmene Douglas

As Caroline comforted the raven-haired model, James Arthur - who landed alongside Ella in a shock sing-off - defended Rylan's place in the competition, explaining the public 'love' him.

He said: 'People love Rylan; everybody loves Rylan and he's so entertaining so I don't see why he couldn't be in the final.'

Meanwhile, Rylan praised James, saying: 'This boy here is one of the most talented people I've ever met in my entire life and he doesn't deserve to be in the bottom two.'

Everyone's guilty pleasure: Rylan sobbed backstage after Ella was booted off the show, telling Caroline and Olly he felt guilty

'She was my little sister': The 24-year-old Essex boy struggled to speak following the dramatic exit of Ella

Popular: James defended Rylan's position on the show, explaining that everyone 'loves' him and his entertaining personality

Prior to taking to the stage for Sunday night's results show, Rylan wrote a cryptic tweet, suggesting he was expecting to leave the ITV1 show.

He said: 'Here we go, it's been a pleasure xxxxxxx.'

And he later expressed his upset at seeing his pals in the bottom two.

He tweeted: 'Tonight I've lost my little sister @ella_henderson . Her and @JamesArthur23 should not have been there. They are my 1st and 2nd.'

Shocked: Rylan leaped up into the air after hearing the public had voted him through for another week in the competition

More tears: Rylan sobbed as his mentor Nicole Scherzinger congratulated him on stage

Shock horror: Mentor Tulisa had a hard time believing the dramatic events which saw Ella booted off the show

The Shock Factor: Both Nicole and Tulisa were stunned to see James and Ella in the bottom two

Although 16-year-old Ella - who was largely considered to be the frontrunner in the competition - accepted her fate graciously, her mentor Tulisa Contstavlos was less than composed, and angrily hit out at the voting public.

She fumed: 'It's ridiculous, this situation, it's ridiculous, it's ridiculous. People thought she was safe.

There was nothing wrong about her performance. This week was one of the best she's ever done.'

Meanwhile, James has vowed to come back fighting next week after admitting he thought he was 'a gonner' after facing the teen starlet in the sing-off.

He told Caroline and Olly: 'Ella is the strongest 16-year-old I've ever met in my life. She's the most talented 16-year-old girl in the country. I thought I was a gonner when I was up against her, but I just want to wish her good luck and say I love you lots.'

Future stars: James and Ella were largely considered to be the favourites to win the competition




source:dailymail












No comments:

Post a Comment