Monday, November 12, 2012

'It was quite a shock... I had a momentary panic!' Peaches Geldof expecting her second child with husband Tom Cohen

By Louise Saunders


Peaches Geldof is expecting her second child with husband Tom Cohen.

The 23-year-old star is three-and-a-half months pregnant with a baby boy, and the couple have already picked out a name for their little bundle of joy, Phaedra, which is inspired by an ancient Greek play and one of the pair's favourite songs.

But with the couple only having welcomed their first son, Astala, into the world six months ago, Peaches admitted finding out she was pregnant again so quickly came as 'quite a shock'.

Happy news: Peaches Geldof and her husband, Tom Cohen, are expecting their second child together

She told Hello! magazine: 'I did have a momentary panic and go, 'Oh my God, we're going to have a one-year-old and a one-month-old! How will we cope?'

However, the television presenter explained her rocker beau immediately alleviated her doubts.

She added: 'Tom was so supportive and relaxed, it banished my doubts and I started imagining the two boys growing up together as the best of friends. There are massive benefits to having two children so close together.'

Peaches admitted she only took a test when she noticed she had been craving sour sweets as she had been throughout her first pregnancy, and she had already begun to develop a baby bump.

The former wild child also explained while she 'couldn't be happier' with her family life, she doesn't plan on adding to her brood any time soon.

She told Hello!: 'I don't think I'll be adding to our little brood until later on in my life when I'm older and don't have two toddlers running around demanding all of Tom's and my attention.

'I may be only 23 and the only one of our friends who's married, got a baby on the way and is on the verge of moving to Surrey, but it's a life I always dreamed of and I couldn't be happier.'

Cutie: Peaches posted this adorable snap of her son Astala and dog, Parpy, on to her Twitter page on Monday

Bundle of joy: Peaches and Tom are already proud parents to their six-month-old son, Astala

Struggles: Peaches has previously admitted that prior to falling pregnant, she was told she would never be able to have children

Despite her happy news, Peaches, the daughter of Sir Bob Geldof, recently revealed that prior to falling pregnant, she was told she would never be able to have children.

The doting mother-of-one knew conceiving would be difficult as she suffered from polycystic ovaries, and then experienced further problems three years ago when she was rushed to hospital after an ectopic pregnancy.-

She told Elle magazine: 'I was really upset because I always knew I wanted kids and then I was told I would need major intervention if that was to happen.'

Of her ectopic pregnancy, she added: 'I woke up in the night in the worst pain. It was like something was ripping me apart. I had no idea I was pregnant.

'I was taken to hospital and they discovered what it was. I was told if I had left it even three more days I would have died. But I had to have an operation and the doctor told me he'd have to remove my fallopian tube. I was crying and begging him not to.

'I woke up, he told me he'd saved the tube but it was badly damaged and my chances of having kids had gone from slim to almost non-existent.'

Happy couple: Peaches and Tom tied the knot in September


source:dailymail





No comments:

Post a Comment